MMA Fighting first reported the injury.
It is unreported as to whether dos Santos will remain on the UFC 160 card, but expect the UFC to make those arrangements in the coming days.
Overeem (36–12 1NC) was on a 11 fight winning streak prior to his loss to Bigfoot at UFC 156. He has fought for every major organization around the world and in his UFC debut picked up a big victory over former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. He was slated to fight dos Santos at UFC 146, however failed a pre-fight drug test which set him back a year. “The Reem” will look to get back in the win column with a victory over the former champ.
Dos Santos (15-2) went 10-0 prior to losing his heavyweight title to Cain Velasquez at UFC 155 this past December. The loss to Velasquez was his first inside the Octagon. He announced following the loss that he was going through personal problems prior to his UFC 155 match-up.
UFC 160 will go down on May 25 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event will be for the UFC heavyweight championship as Cain Velasquez will take on Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva.
- After two week battle, Shane del Rosario passes away from catastrophic cardiovascular collapse - December 9, 2013
- Video: Invicta FC 7 full event replay - December 9, 2013
- Video: Kalib Starnes vs. Dwayne Lewis fight highlights - December 8, 2013
- Video: Jesse Taylor vs. Elvis Mutapcic fight highlights - December 8, 2013
- Video: Nick Newell vs. Sabah Fadai fight highlights - December 8, 2013