The odds are in for the super-fight of the century.
With Georges St-Pierre’s dominating performance over Carlos Condit in his return to the Octagon this past Saturday night at UFC 154, the most logical next step for the organization is to plan the super-fight between UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre and UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva.
UFC President Dana White mentioned in the post-fight press conference that this is a fight that the fans want to see.
“There are a lot of guys in line right for title shots at 170 and 185. But, we’re trying to make this super fight happen so we’ll see how it goes…. I agree [the middleweight and welterweight divisions are stacked right now]. It’s the number one pound-for-pound best fighter in the world against the number two pound-for-pound best fighter in the world. It’s a big fight, we think people want to see it and we think the guys want to do it. So, we’ll do it. Who knows, maybe we go into this thing and Georges St-Pierre says absolutely not. But, I just don’t see that happening.”
The fact that Johny Hendricks just won his fifth straight fight, also this past weekend at UFC 154 poses a bit of a problem as well. However, if the UFC is looking to make some money then this would be the most logical way to do it.
It looks like our good friends at Bodog.ca have already crunched some numbers for the potential super-fight.
Odds to win a UFC Fight Between Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre
Anderson ”The Spider” Silva -160 (5/8)
Georges “Rush” St. Pierre +150 (3/2)
Will Anderson Silva face Georges St. Pierre in 2013?
Where will Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre take place?
Dallas, Texas 5/4
Toronto, Canada 5/2
Las Vegas, Nevada 6/1
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013
- Former TUF contestant Gilbert Smith signs three-fight deal with MFC - November 26, 2013