Anthony Pettis, the number one contender in the UFC’s lightweight division suppsoedly text messaged UFC President Dana White and asked for a title shot against Aldo.
White told this to reporters at the UFC 156 post-fight press conference.
In his last fight, Pettis obliterated Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone with a liver kick at UFC on FOX 6 earlier this month.
White didn’t mention whether it would happen or not, however he did state that if it did it would be contested at the 145lbs weight class for Aldo’s title.
- Lewis Gonzalez steps in for ‘JZ’ at WSOF 8 to take on Justin Gaethje for lightweight title - December 5, 2013
- Ray Sefo confirms expansion to New Zealand and Australia - December 5, 2013
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013