Andrei Arlovski and Mike Kyle went three full rounds in the World Series of Fighting 5 main event.
In the end the judges all scored the fight in favor of Arlovski. This should be of no surprise, as Arlovski is a former UFC heavyweight champion and Kyle is a former light heavyweight who came in to this fight weighing 218.5-pounds.
Kyle’s original opponent Anthony “Rumble” Johnson was forced out of the bout due to an injury. However that didn’t stop him from calling out both men via his official Facebook page almost immediately after the fight.
Weak sauce. How is somebody gonna challenge me then lose looking like a rookie and the guy he loss to is a guy I already beat wants to fight me again? Does he not remember I broke his jaw and knocked out 5 teeth?
I’ll demolish both of you with pleasure. I make this sh*t look easy! What’s the world coming to?
Johnson is on a five-fight winning streak after being released from the UFC, including a unanimous decision victory over Arlovski at WSOF 2 in March. That bout was Johnson’s first heavyweight tilt.
“Rumble” has fought at welterweight, middleweight, light heavyweight and most recently heavyweight.
- Johny Hendricks will face Robbie Lawler for the vacant welterweight championship on March 15 - December 13, 2013
- St-Pierre dropping UFC welterweight title? - December 13, 2013
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013