The only fight that was on the original announcement for UFC 149, has now been scrapped. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has not fully healed from his broken arm which occurred at UFC 140 on December 10, 2011, and has been forced to withdraw. Replacing him will be Strikeforce veteran Shawn Jordan (13-3).
UFC officials announced the new match-up on Saturday.
Jordan comes out of the Greg Jackson Camp in New Mexico, and is coming off of his UFC debut win with a huge TKO over Oli Thompson at UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann back in March. He also has a notable win over heavy handed Lavar Johnson.
He now takes a huge step up in competition, as he is now set to face Cheick Kongo on the UFC 149 main card.
No word on when Nogueira will return, but look for him to rehab and be back later in 2012.
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013