Heavyweights Brendan Schaub and Lavar Johnson were expected to throw down at UFC on FOX 5, however due to Johnson pulling out due to a groin injury the bout was scrapped. The two are now expected to face-off at UFC 157 in Anaheim.
The bout was first reported by MMAJunkie.com.
Schaub (8-3) has lost back to back fights, both by knockout in the first round. First to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 134, then to Ben Rothwell at UFC 145.
Leading up to the fight with Johnson, Schaub told MMASucka.com that “Dana White should tell the judges to go have a coffee break, because they won’t be needed.” I’m sure this will still be the case come February 23.
Johnson (17-6) withdrew from the UFC on FOX 5 bout the week before the event due to a groin injury. He began his UFC career on a two fight win streak, however lost his last bout to Stefan Struve at UFC 146.
UFC 157 is set to go down from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on February 23. The event will be headlined by the first ever women’s fight in the UFC, as Ronda Rousey looks to defend her championship against Liz Carmouche.
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013
- Justin Gaethje takes home Boost Mobile #Rattlethecage bonus for WSOF 6 performance - December 7, 2013