In an interview with Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com, Brock Lesnar stated he doesn’t care that he is the underdog, however just after he made that comment he cut the interview short. Lesnar is set to make his return to the octagon this Friday (Dec.30) at UFC 141 against Alistair Overeem. This will be Lesnar’s first fight back since losing the UFC heavyweight title to Cain Velasquez back in October 2010.
“I want to be the best UFC heavyweight champion in the world. That’s [the legacy I want to leave]. Absolutely [I've watched fight footage of Alistair Overeem], it’s part of the training camp. You cannot prepare for your opponent if you don’t watch [film]. We’ve watch plenty of film on him and I think we are well prepared. We just have to force my fight here [at UFC 141]. I’m not going allow him to control this fight and I think we’ll be successful. I don’t think there is a heavyweight in the world, in this division, who had done what I’ve done. I don’t really care what [Alistair Overeem] did or does. I don’t care [laughs]. I just have to stay calm — I’ve been through this before…. I don’t know and don’t care [that I'm the underdog]. Thank you.” – transcribed by MMAmania.com
According to Bovada (formerly Bodog), Lesnar is a +115 underdog in the main event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, this Friday night against Overeem -145.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013