The main event was a rematch from UFC 146 as heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez looked to retain his gold against the number one contender Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva.
This one was over even faster than I had expected. “Bigfoot” as able to stuff a pair of the champion’s takedowns, but eventually fell prey to the vicious right hands of Velasquez. While Silva protested the stoppage after the fact, the result would have still been the same had the match continued. Cain Velasquez retains his UFC heavyweight championship by TKO in the first round.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013