At the main event of UFC on FOX 5, Nate Diaz will try to bring the gold home to Stockton, California. He will face off against UFC Lightweight Champion Benson Henderson in a five round battle in Seattle, Washington.
On Monday afternoon, Diaz’s trainer, Cesar Gracie took to Twitter to reveal who would be in his corner at UFC on FOX 5.
Cornering @NateDiaz209 will be @nickdiaz209 @GilbertMelendez @richardperez209 and myself
His corner are some of the best in the business. Nate’s brother Nick is the former WEC and Strikeforce champ and is widely considered the number one contender in the UFC Welterweight division.
Gilbert Melendez is the current Strikeforce Lightweight Champion and is currently riding an eight fight winning streak. He was expected to face-off against Pat Healy in the final Strikeforce event in January, but fell off the card due to injury.
Richard Perez has turned the Diaz brothers into some of the best boxers in the sport of MMA.
If you want to check out the event, click here to see MMA action live.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013