Hardcore middleweight Chris Camozzi is set to throw down with Lorenz Larkin at UFC Fight for the Troops 3.
The fight was announced by Camozzi himself earlier tonight on Twitter.
Just confirmed I will be fighting Lorenz Larkin Nov 6th "Fight For The Troops" in Kentucky. Ready to Roll!!!
— Chris Camozzi (@ChrisCamozzi) August 23, 2013
Chris Camozzi (19-6) is a member of the latest generation of Colorado fighters to make an impact in the UFC. The well-rounded Factory X Muay Thai product, last seen in a short-notice losing effort against Ronaldo Souza, is a tough out with wins over Nick Ring and Joey Villasenor, amongst others. Will he be able to get back in the win column against the Strikeforce import?
Lorenz “The Monsoon” Larkin (13-1) is one of the more exciting fighters to have come over to the UFC as part of the Strikeforce merger. A product of Strikeforce’s Challengers series, Larkin has wins over Robbie Lawler and Gian Villante, although he lost a controversial decision to Francis Carmont in his UFC debut. Will the diverse striker be able to get his first UFC win at the expense of Camozzi?
UFC Fight for the Troops 3 goes down on November 6th at Fort Campbell in Hopkinsville, Kansas. The event is currently headlined by the middleweight debut of Lyoto Machida, who will be taking on the former special forces operator Tim Kennedy. Stay tuned to MMASucka.com for more on this and other events.
- Rumoured TUF Nations: Canada vs. Australia cast list revealed - December 3, 2013
- TUF 18 Finale salaries released - December 2, 2013
- Nevada State Athletic Commission names judges, referee assigned to UFC 168 main event - December 2, 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale post fight bonuses - November 30, 2013
- TUF 18 “… Of the Season” bonuses announced - November 30, 2013