Clay Guida will make his featherweight debut at UFC on FOX 6 against one of the divisions standouts in Hatsu Hioki.
UFC officials announced the match-up late Wednesday evening.
Guida (29-13) last graced the octagon back in June when he lost a split decision to Gray Maynard. A strange game-plan by The Carpenter had the crowd booing almost the entire fight. That fight was his second loss in a row, as he lost a decision to Benson Henderson at UFC on FOX 1. Guida will look to make a run for the title and a win over Hioki will push him one step closer.
”I plan on making a run at the foreman or superintendent position right out of the gates. I hope you guys packed a lunch.”
Hioki (26-5-2) fought on the same card as Guida in his last fight and came up on the losing end as well. He lost a unanimous decision to Ricardo Lamas this past June. Hioki vacated his Sengoku Featherweight Championship and made the run for the UFC. The Japanese fighter has gone 2-1 inside the Octagon with wins over George Roop and Bart Paleszewski.
UFC on FOX 6 will go down on January 26, 2013 and is expected to be headlined by Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson. Other fights announced on the card are Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira.
(Photo by Drew Hallowell/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013
- Frankie Edgar receives BJJ black belt from Ricardo Almeida - December 9, 2013