One of the world’s most dangerous women, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos has yet to step foot inside the UFC Octagon and we may never actually see her take that step.
According to Santos’ manager Tito Ortiz the former Strikeforce women’s champion has requested a release from the organization. Ortiz announced the request for release on Friday nights episode of ”Inside MMA” on AXS TV.
“Right now we’re waiting for UFC to release her [Santos], we asked for them to release her so Dana [White] actually talked to me yesterday, they gave her an offer, I went to ‘Cyborg,’ she said she didn’t want to do it and we just asked for a release. So, since they’re not having a 145-pound weight class, what else are they going to do? So as of now she’s going to be released and maybe we’ll go looking somewhere else and you’ll see ‘Cyborg’ crush some other women’s faces.”
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013
- Frankie Edgar receives BJJ black belt from Ricardo Almeida - December 9, 2013
- Heavyweight title fight set for MFC 39 - December 9, 2013