The former UFC Light Heavyweight number one contender Dan Henderson took to his Twitter account on New Years Eve to wish his fans and friends a very Happy New Year. Following his warm wishes, he poked fun at the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones.
“Wishin everyone a Happy New year!! Be safe! No drinking and driving and hitting telephone poles”
Hendo was referring to when the champ wrapped his Bentley last summer around a telephone pole in New York. Jones pleaded guilty to Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) following the incident.
Henderson and Jones were expected to square off at UFC 151, unfortunately Hendo pulled out due to injury which forced the UFC to cancel the entire card.
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013