We are just over a week away from the stacked UFC on FOX 5 event in Seattle, Washington.
With all of the injuries that have gone down in 2012, not only are UFC brass hoping for nothing to happen to this card, but so are the fans.
On yesterday’s UFC on FOX 5 media conference call, UFC President Dana White had a message for the main card fighters.
“The strategic idea is to put the best fights we could possibly put on FOX. You guys know what the last year and a half has been like. It’s tough to keep a card together. What do we got, like a week and a half to go? I want to say to all of the guys on the phone, Tone your training down a little bit. Let’s not get anybody injured this last week and a half.”
Here’s to hoping his words sunk in.
The UFC on FOX 5 main event is a lightweight championship fight between champ Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz. Also on the card is veteran Mauricio “Shogun” Rua who will take on the up and comer Alexander Gustafsson. Another legendary battle will go down on the main card, as B.J. Penn looks to shut down the youngster Rory MacDonald. Rounding out the FOX card is a welterweight battle between two heavy handed fighters, as Mike Swick takes on Matt Brown.
- Lewis Gonzalez steps in for ‘JZ’ at WSOF 8 to take on Justin Gaethje for lightweight title - December 5, 2013
- Ray Sefo confirms expansion to New Zealand and Australia - December 5, 2013
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013