The New Years Eve event for The Ultimate Fighting Championship is always a big deal and this year is no different.
UFC President Dana White cleared up the rumors as to who will be headlining the December 29 fight card. When asked by Ariel Helwani on FUEL TV if Junior dos Santos would be fighting Cain Velasquez, the answer was simple.
“I think so.”
He then followed up with a question about Alistair Overeem and White has not yet been thinking about that.
“He’s got to get relicensed. I don’t even think about it until he gets relicensed.”
Check out the full clip below thanks to FUEL TV.
- Heavyweight title fight set for MFC 39 - December 9, 2013
- WSOF 7: The Aftermath - December 8, 2013
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013