The hits just keep on coming for the UFC. In a year marred by injuries, it was announced today that the co-main event of UFC 155 has been scuttled, with Forrest Griffin bowing out due to a torn MCL.
UFC President Dana White confirmed the news via twitter, stating “Forrest Has MCL tear and ACL strain. 20 cc’s of blood removed from his knee and the saga continues at the UFC!!”
UFC 155 is scheduled to take place December 29th at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. No replacement for Griffin has been named.
Latest posts by Carlin Bardsley (see all)
- Substance Cage Combat brings MMA back to Ontario - April 30, 2013
- Mousasi to face Gustafsson training partner at UFC on Fuel 9 - April 2, 2013
- A look back at the career of Mark Coleman - March 19, 2013
- AFC 17′s Markhaile Wedderburn off card due to drug charges - March 11, 2013
- Silva turns back the clock with KO of Stann - March 4, 2013