The two were first supposed to square off at UFC 137, however Diaz was forced off the card because he did not appear at the media events. This has given GSP over a year to prepare for the fight with Diaz. The champ is known for his tremendous game-planning and this fight will be no different.
Earlier this month St-Pierre watched the UFC Lightweight Champion Benson Henderson defeat the younger Diaz brother Nate in the main event at UFC on FOX 5. At this past weekends TUF 16 Finale, St-Pierre thanked Henderson for helping him prepare for Diaz.
“I watched very carefully your fight against Nate Diaz. I’m going to try to use some of the stuff you have done in the fight to win over Nick Diaz, as well. I’m going to learn from what you did and try to apply it in my game plan. Thanks for showing me the blueprint!”
Whether this was a ploy for Diaz to see that he is going to use Henderson’s game-plan or not is yet to be seen.
UFC 158 goes down on March 16 from the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013