Following his UFC 158 main event title defense against Nick Diaz, the welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre said he was going to go on vacation and just relax. It looks like a movie is in the works as well, as ComingSoon.net is reporting that “Rush” will appear in the next Captain America movie.
St-Pierre will play French kickboxing master Georges Batroc, AKA Batroc the Leaper. With origins dating all the way back to 1966′s “Tales of Suspense” #75, Batroc doesn’t have any superhuman abilities beyond his mastery of martial arts. While he’s primarily a Cap foe, he’s appeared throughout the Marvel Universe and done battle with the likes of Spider-Man, the Punisher, Iron Fist and many more.
This will be the third film that St-Pierre has appeared in. Other martial arts films he was in were Death Warrior and Never Surrender, which were both directed by Hector Echavarria.
“Captain America: Winter Soldier” is expected to be released on April 4, 2014 and will also star Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and Robert Redford.
The sequel will begin filming in April in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Lewis Gonzalez steps in for ‘JZ’ at WSOF 8 to take on Justin Gaethje for lightweight title - December 5, 2013
- Ray Sefo confirms expansion to New Zealand and Australia - December 5, 2013
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013