I was listening to MMAJunkie Radio this morning and the fellas were chatting with Mike Dolce about a possible fight between Martin Kampmann and Thiago Alves. It wasn’t even an hour later that Damon Martin of MMAWeekly.com broke the news that the two were lined up for an un-named card on March 3, 2012.
Hold on one second….
MMASucka.com contacted Kampmann following the news and got this reaction…
Not true, haven’t talked w anybody from the ufc yet
I then sent Kampmann this piece which was announced this morning on Tatame.com
It was the fight I asked and I know UFC fans will love it. He has just defeated Rick Story, who had beat me before, so it’s a good fight for me”, reveals the Brazilian, on a chat with TATAME, really liking the match-up. “He’ll go for the trade of punches, he’ll come for it, so it’s a fight on which the styles really combine.
This is what Kampmann responded to me with…
Lol, I guess they forgot to ask me. Honestly i have heard nothing from the ufc!
Both men are coming off of fantastic victories. Alves defeated Papi Abedi quite decisively at UFC 138 in England, while Kampmann is coming off of a split decision victory over Rick Story this past weekend at UFC 139.
Take it as you will, this fight would be one for the ages with both men tremendous kick boxers. Keep it locked to MMASucka.com for more up to date news on the Alves vs. Kampmann bout, as well as more info on the proposed March 3 event.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013