At UFC on FX 5, lightweights Jeremy Stephens and Yves Edwards are expected to go to battle for the fans in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
MMAJunkie.com reported earlier this morning that Stephens had been arrested in Minneapolis and that his fight with Edwards was in jeopardy.
According to a Minneapolis Police Department representative, Stephens was arrested at the Marriott City Center Hotel, which is this week’s UFC host hotel, and arrived at the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility at 10:44 a.m. CT local time. It’s currently unknown when Stephens is scheduled to be released from the facility.
Good news for UFC fans though, President Dana White sent out a tweet shortly after reports were circling, that the fight will not be cancelled and Stephens will in fact be fighting.
“Don’t listen to the media! Nobody ever told them Jeremy isn’t fighting. He is fighting!!”
According to the Police report, Lil’ Heathen is being held without bail for an out-of-state felony charge.
We are hoping for the best, as the Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares fight was unfortunately cancelled due to Hallman missing weight and eventually released from the organization.
White followed up with this tweet.
“it’s idiotic to say it if it hasn’t been announced”
Here’s to crossing our fingers.
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013