Following UFC on FX 6 on December 15 in Gold Coast, Australia both Joey Beltran and Rousimar Palhares have failed their post-fight drug tests.
UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner brought word of the failed tests on Thursday. Below is a statement from the UFC.
“The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. Both athletes have agreed to serve a nine-month suspension retroactive to December 14. They must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again.”
Beltran defeated Igor Pokrajac by unanimous decision tested positive for an anabolic steroid, nandrolone. The victory has now been changed to a no-contest and Beltran will serve a nine month suspension.
Palhares was knocked out in the very first round by Hector Lombard, he tested positive for elevated testosterone. The positive test will also land him a nine month suspension.
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot Quick Results - December 6, 2013
- Watch the UFC Fight Night 33 online prelim live on MMASucka.com at 3:30pm PT/6:30pm ET - December 6, 2013
- Video: Lance Palmer discusses main event bout at WSOF 7, pressure with title fight and more - December 6, 2013
- Video: Sabah Fadai talks Nick Newell, being more active and more - December 5, 2013
- UFC Fight Night 33 weigh-in results + video - December 5, 2013