On tonight’s episode of UFC Tonight on FUEL TV, Jones sat down for an interview with Kenny Florian and Dominick Cruz when he dished the headline worthy quote.
“People know that Chael Sonnen has done steroids throughout his whole career and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now. I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks champion’s soul.”
Throughout Sonnen’s career he has claimed to be a user of Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy (TRT). It definitely sounds as if Jones believes “The Peoples Champ” is using the TRT to make up for the damage that steroids have done to his body.
Yesterday Jones tweeted out a similar allegation.
Take steroids in your prime testosterone levels drop then you take TRT to get in your prime again.. Maybe I should just join the team $$$
— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) April 15, 2013
At UFC 159 Jones will get to tango with Sonnen in the main event for the light heavyweight title. The event will take place on April 27 from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J..
- WSOF 7: The Aftermath - December 8, 2013
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013