Many fans and media members alike believed that Gustafsson should have won the fight. However, every judge scored the fight in favor of Jones and even one scored it 49-46.
With the fight being as close as it was, the first thing to pop in to everyones minds was “rematch”. UFC President Dana White said that he would have to think about it, but Glover Teixeira is still waiting in the wings.
This hasn’t stopped the good folks at Bodog.ca from breaking down the odds on the potential rematch.
While Gustafsson came close, he is still a very big underdog if the next fight were to happen. Jones opens up as a -450 favorite (2/9), which has Gustafsson sitting at a +325 underdog (17/4).
No word as to whether the rematch will go down, but keep it locked to MMASucka.com for further news on the Jones vs. Gustafsson 2 match and all other MMA news.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013