UFC welterweight Josh Koscheck would like to make his return to the octagon on Super Bowl weekend at UFC 157 against Nick Diaz.
The former number one contender posted a few days ago his “wish list” of fights, which included Demian Maia, Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald, as well as Diaz.
Koscheck took to Twitter late Sunday night and revealed that the Cesar Gracie camp is also looking for the fight.
Cesar is calling 4 me the fight Diaz in Feb. Super Bowl weekend!
In the words of Diaz himself, Koscheck wrote.
What you guy think? I am DOWN! Don’t be scared Homie! #559 lol
Diaz was suspended after failing a post-fight drug test due to marijuana metabolites following his decision loss to Carlos Condit back in February. He is not eligible for a license until February 4, 2013, which is two days after the UFC 157 event.
If UFC 157 goes down as planned on Super Bowl weekend, which would make fight night Saturday February 2, 2013.
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013
- Junior Assuncao out, J.P. Reese in to take on Daniel Swain at XFC 27 - December 2, 2013
- Video: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013