A Lightweight championship tilt between reigning 155-lbs champion Kotetsu Boku and Evolve MMA’s Shinya Aoki has been booked for ONE FC 8: Kings & Champions, an event which is set to go down on April 5th at the Singapore Indoor Stadium situated in Singapore.
Victor Cui, CEO of ONE Fighting Championship, took to twitter and announced the match-up, stating:
“BreakingNews-Apr 5, Singapore
#ONEFC: World Champion Boku defends title against Shinya Aoki. Global LIVE TV broadcast!”
Boku (20-8), of course, garnered the Lightweight strap at ONE FC 6: Rise of Kings which was held in October last year, defeating Ao0ki’s training partner Zorobabel Moreira in front of a packed crowd in the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Shinya Aoki (32-6) also competed at ONE FC 6: Rise of Kings last year, submitting Frenchman Arnaud ‘The Game’ Lepont in the featured ‘Super Fight’ attraction of the night. Aoki is one of the best Mixed Martial Artists to have ever competed in Asia, and has faced some of the best Lightweight fighters in Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez.
Keep it locked to MMASucka.com as we bring you more updates regarding this event.
- Australian Fighting Championship heads to Melbourne for Saturday’s AFC 7 - December 9, 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter: China – Episode 1 - December 8, 2013
- UFC Fight Night 33: What’s next for the main card winners? - December 8, 2013
- ONE FC 13: Moment of Truth – The Aftermath - December 7, 2013
- Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva declared a Majority Draw in 5-round classic - December 6, 2013