Yesterday MMASucka.com announced that UFC featherweight fighter Antonio Carvalho had been released from the organization and today it seems like other cuts were made as well.
Both Leonard Garcia and Bart Palaszewski took to Twitter to announce that they had been released.
— Leonard Garcia (@badboygarcia) May 8, 2013
— Bart Palaszewski (@Bartimus7) May 8, 2013
Garcia (15-11-1) was lucky to have a job with the UFC after losing four fights in a row, so it was no surprise to the 33-year old fighter that he was let go after losing a fifth straight. The “Badboy” had been a part of Zuffa since 2007 when he fought Roger Huerta at UFC 63 in his debut. The Jackson’s MMA fighter ended up with the WEC and eventually made his way into the UFC again when the WEC folded.
Most recently Garcia lost to Cody McKenzie at UFC 159 this past month.
Palaszewski (36-17) was cut after going on a disastrous three-fight losing streak. “Bartimus” was also a part of the WEC roster and made his way over to the UFC. He won his UFC debut by knockout against Tyson Griffin at UFC 137. Since that victory Palaszewski has lost to Hatsu Hioki (UFC 144), Diego Nunes (UFC on FX 5) and most recently Cole Miller (TUF 17 Finale).
Along with Garcia and Palaszewski, six other fighters profiles were removed from UFC.com.
According to BloodyElbow the following fighters were also removed. Reuben Duran, Pablo Garza, Kurt Holobaugh, Justin Lawrence, Sam Sicilia and Issei Tamura.
- Lewis Gonzalez steps in for ‘JZ’ at WSOF 8 to take on Justin Gaethje for lightweight title - December 5, 2013
- Ray Sefo confirms expansion to New Zealand and Australia - December 5, 2013
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013