Michael Bisping has been forced out of his UFC Fight Night 30 main event battle against Mark Munoz and stepping in for him is former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida.
An eye injury has forced Bisping to pull out of the main event. ESPN first reported the change in the match.
Bisping’s replacement, Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida (19-4) will making his middleweight debut aftera fairly successful run at 205 lbs. that included a short run as champion of the division. Last seen losing a close decision to Phil Davis at UFC 163, the elusive striker is hoping for success in his new home. Will he get his first taste against Munoz?
“The Filipino Wrecking Machine” Mark Munoz (13-3) is no stranger to tough opposition. With victories over the likes of Demian Maia and Tim Boetsch, the powerhouse wrestler with the “Donkey Kong” style ground’n'pound has his sights set on a rematch with current middleweight champion Chris Weidman. With a victory over the aforementioned Boetsch in his last bout, Munoz knows he will need to put a good chain of wins together in order to earn another crack at the champ. Will he be able to put the second link in his victory chain with a win over “The Dragon?”
UFC Fight Night 30 goes down on Oct. 26th from the Phones 4U Arena in Manchester, England. The main event now sees karate master Lyoto Machida make his middleweight debut against dangerous wrestler Mark Munoz. Stay tuned to MMASucka.com for more on this and other upcoming events.
- Heavyweight title fight set for MFC 39 - December 9, 2013
- WSOF 7: The Aftermath - December 8, 2013
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013