The most entertaining person at UFC 148 was Matt Riddle.
Riddle won the “Submission of the Night” for his slick arm triangle over Chris Clements. Following his victory he called out fellow UFC welterweight, Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy. Riddle explained his reasoning behind wanting Hardy in his post fight interview.
“I will be completely honest. When I fought in Manchester, England, (for UFC 105), they were very cruel to me. One fan actually spit directly in my face, and he was lucky enough where it hit my mouth. I don’t have anything against English people, but … I’ll go over to London, and I’ll put ‘em down.”
Riddle must believe that Hardy is on top of the UK pack in the welterweight division, however “The Outlaw” sees things the other way around.
“Why the hell would I fight Riddle? There is no value in it for me and I’d be forced to look at him more than I have to now.” Hardy stated via his Twitter account.
Hardy is expected to take on former TUF veteran Amir Sadollah on the main card of UFC on FUEL TV 5 in Nottingham, England.
- Johny Hendricks will face Robbie Lawler for the vacant welterweight championship on March 15 - December 13, 2013
- St-Pierre dropping UFC welterweight title? - December 13, 2013
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013