Former UFC middleweight fighter Jason “Mayhem” Miller has been on what some may call a bender since his release from the organization in May of 2012. He went 0-2 in his return to the UFC with losses to Michael Bisping and CB Dolloway.
According to MMAFighting.com he was arrested for a third time in Orange County, Calif., on Monday night for an alleged violation of a “stay away” order.
California Penal Code 166(c)(1) states “any willful and knowing violation of any protective order or stay-away court order issued … in a pending criminal proceeding involving domestic violence.”
Miller was charged with a misdemeanor that carries a maximum sentence of a year in county jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
On Tuesday he posted the following on his official Facebook page.
I am taking a sabbatical from social media for some time. The pain of my recent troubles is too much to bear, and I can’t watch as lies and conjecture run rampant on the Internet. I have love in my heart for anyone that can have understanding and compassion for a man that has been falsely accused of a heinous crime. I wish for this chapter of my life to be over, and I have Faith in The Lord that I will be vindicated.
MMASucka.com wishes Miller the best of luck in his recovery and future endeavours.
- Video: Kalib Starnes vs. Dwayne Lewis fight highlights - December 8, 2013
- Video: Jesse Taylor vs. Elvis Mutapcic fight highlights - December 8, 2013
- Video: Nick Newell vs. Sabah Fadai fight highlights - December 8, 2013
- Carlos Condit releases official statement regarding UFC on FOX 9 fight cancellation - December 7, 2013
- Battlefield Fight League 26 live results - December 7, 2013