“The Count” believes that this fight with Belfort is the perfect “tune-up” for the champ. What better way to train for a south-paw than to fight a south-paw? He spoke with ESPN.co.uk about the “tune-up”.
“The good thing is Vitor Belfort is the perfect warm-up for Anderson Silva. He’s a southpaw, Anderson’s a southpaw, and they’re both incredible strikers. My skills against a southpaw have definitely improved a lot in this training camp. At the start of the camp I was struggling because things do change due to the stance. But now I’m over those problems. Fingers crossed I get the business done, and then I’ve had the perfect tune-up for Anderson Silva.”
The fight goes down in Belfort’s home country of Brazil and the native is the favorite. Bisping comes into the fight as a +105 underdog, so he will have a lot to prove.
The UFC will return to FX for the seventh time on January 19 for UFC on FX 7 from the Ginasio Estadual Geraldo Jose de Almeida in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- WSOF 7: The Aftermath - December 8, 2013
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013