Two fighters who came up short on TUF 16 and TUF Smashes are squaring off in the first fight of the PPV portion of UFC 158.
Tristar fighter Mike Ricci and UK’s Colin Fletcher battle back and forth to start the fight. Both men landed significant punches and kicks that kept the round close.
Round 2 was a round where Ricci pulled ahead quite a bit. He landed a takedown early, landed some great ground and pound. When the fight got to the feet Ricci picked him apart with nice jabs and combinations.
The round started very slow and it looked like Fletcher was picking up the pace, however midway through, Ricci nabbed a nice takedown. He landed some ground and pound, which eventually led to him taking his back. He couldn’t secure any submissions, but the takedown should secure the round and ultimately the fight.
Mike Ricci def. Colin Fletcher by Unanimous Decision
- Lewis Gonzalez steps in for ‘JZ’ at WSOF 8 to take on Justin Gaethje for lightweight title - December 5, 2013
- Ray Sefo confirms expansion to New Zealand and Australia - December 5, 2013
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013