Gegard Mousasi hit Mike Kyle early and often, dominating Mike Kyle and steamrolling his way to a first-round submission victory.
Mousasi was able to counter Kyle’s strikes early, then force the fight to the mat. He used a Kyle escape attempt to move to mount, where he was able to land several damaging strikes before Kyle gave up his back and Mousasi cinched in the choke, causing the end of the fight at 4:09 into round one.
Kyle tapped several times when caught in the choke before the referee finally decided to stop the bout. After the fight, Ariel Helwani tweeted that Kyle stopped and said to him “It’s not in me anymore. That was my last one”.
Latest posts by Carlin Bardsley (see all)
- Substance Cage Combat brings MMA back to Ontario - April 30, 2013
- Mousasi to face Gustafsson training partner at UFC on Fuel 9 - April 2, 2013
- A look back at the career of Mark Coleman - March 19, 2013
- AFC 17′s Markhaile Wedderburn off card due to drug charges - March 11, 2013
- Silva turns back the clock with KO of Stann - March 4, 2013