The UFC 158 fight card is beginning to take shape. A middleweight match-up has been announced between Canadian Nick Ring and Chris Camozzi.
UFC Officials announced the latest match-up early Saturday morning.
Ring (13-1) has not set foot inside the Octagon since July 2012 when he defeated Court McGee at UFC 149. He was set to take on Costa Philippou at UFC 154, however an illness forced him to withdraw from the fight the morning of the event.
Camozzi (18-5) is on a three fight winning streak with his most recent victory coming at UFC 153 against Luiz Cane. The Colorado based fighter went 3-0 in 2012 with two of them coming by stoppage.
Both Camozzi and Ring were cast members on the eleventh season of The Ultimate Fighter and both were forced out of the tournament due to injury. With something to prove look for an exciting match-up for the Montreal fans.
It is yet to be determined where on the UFC 158 fight card the Ring vs. Camozzi bout will take place.
UFC 158 goes down on March 16 from the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Headlining the event will be Georges St-Pierre putting his welterweight title on the line against Nick Diaz. A pair of welterweight battles will lead up to the main event, as Rory MacDonald looks to avenge his UFC 115 loss to Carlos Condit and Johny Hendricks will hope to keep his win streak alive against Jake Ellenberger.
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013
- Justin Gaethje takes home Boost Mobile #Rattlethecage bonus for WSOF 6 performance - December 7, 2013