Shortly after it was announced that Yoshihiro Akiyama was out of his bout at UFC 148, another card took a hit today. UFC on FX 4 will lose Rich Attonito, who was set to take on Rick Story.
UFC officials announced today that Attonito would have to withdraw from the bout due to an undisclosed injury.
Papy Abedi (8-2) will step in to take on Story on the FUEL TV prelim portion of the card. Abedi was undefeated coming into the UFC, however lost his first two showings to Thiago Alves and James Head.
Story (13-5) was on the cusp of contender status when he lost to Charlie Brennaman at UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry back in June of 2011. He then went on to lose a unanimous decision to Martin Kampmann at UFC 139. Story will look to get back to his winning ways in his first fight of 2012.
Both men are on two fight losing streaks, so another one could lead to that dreaded three in a row in the UFC.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013