On Christmas Day, ESPN reported that British slugger Paul Daley was involved in a bar brawl which would force him out of Bellator Season 8 welterweight tournament.
Since the publication of the story, Daley has come out on Twitter to deny the reports. Instead, Daley states he is waiting on his Visa and will be out of the tournament based on the limbo of that decision and the reports of a bar brawl are “100% a false statement.
The full statement from Paul Daley can be seen below:
It’s seems as those a mass press release has gone out to the MMA media, stating I was involved bar brawl, arrested, and cannot obtain a P-1 visa to compete in the USA.
…I am currently awaiting a decision on my visa, which is not expected until late April. Which means i am unable to compete in the season 8 Bellator tournament, as it starts in Janaury.
I will be fighting in Europe in the coming months, so I am able to stay active while awaiting a decision on my visa status.
I was not involved in a bar brawl. This is 100% a false statement.
Latest posts by Shawn W. Smith (see all)
- After potentially life altering defeats, can Mark Munoz and Tim Boetsch bounce back? - July 5, 2013
- GLORY to debut on SPIKE in Fall, 2013 - June 27, 2013
- AFC signs 8-1 prospect Jason Saggo to multifight contract - June 18, 2013
- Time for the UFC to keep their word - June 18, 2013
- Three questions following UFC on FX 8 - May 20, 2013