Anthony Pettis ruined the night of Benson Henderson in the final fight in World Extreme Cagefighting history as he leapt of the fence and slapped him with his naked size-ten, taking his championship and his glory. Tonight he made it clear he’s ready to do it all over again and win a UFC title too.
The bad blood was clear when neither touched gloves and the Roufussport stand-out made it clear he wasn’t messing around right away when he clipped Cerrone with a right hand. The tempo didn’t slow as both men brought the action but a crushing middle kick changed everything. After the Jackson-Winklejohhn trained fighter showed a slight sign of weakness Pettis pounced with another kick that folded him over in pain and forced the end of the fight.
“What do I gotta do to get that title fight Dana?” the final WEC lightweight-pound king said post-fight and after tonight, his next fight might be for some 155-pound hardware.
Latest posts by Justin Faux (see all)
- Pride flashback: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mark Hunt - May 21, 2013
- My two cents: Is being the best not enough? - May 5, 2013
- UFC 159 post-fight bonuses: Healy, Miller and Nelson fatten wallets - April 27, 2013
- Legacy FC 19 quick results - April 12, 2013
- TUF 17 report: Episode 12 - April 9, 2013