Vinny Magalhaes wanted a fight with Phil Davis for a long time and at UFC 159 it finally came to fruition.
In the first round Davis used his jab cross combo over and over again to just pepper Magalhaes. Davis at one point wobbled Magalhaes with a nice high-kick. Midway through the first round the fight went to the mat with Magalhaes on top, but it didn’t last long.
The second frame started the same as round one with Davis continuing to land in the standup department. Jab after jab snapped Magalhaes’ head back throughout the entire round.
In a very one-sided fight, the third round was the same. Magalhaes attempted a takedown and pulling guard and neither prevailed. In the end the busier fighter won.
Phil Davis def. Vinny Magalhaes by Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-27,29-28
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013
- Frankie Edgar receives BJJ black belt from Ricardo Almeida - December 9, 2013
- Heavyweight title fight set for MFC 39 - December 9, 2013