Immediately following the co-main event at UFC on FUEL TV 8, Stefan Struve told media members on press row that his jaw was broken.
His fight with Mark Hunt was a back and forth battle for the majority of the three rounds. Struve went for numerous submission attempts on the ground and Hunt battered the 7-foot tall Dutch fighter during the stand-up game.
He has been active on Twitter over the past couple hours and is currently on his way home to Holland. At the hospital they wired his jaw and will get surgery as soon as they land in Holland.
The day after the fight, Struve tweeted a photo of his x-ray (above).
— Stefan Struve (@StefanStruve) March 3, 2013
- Lewis Gonzalez steps in for ‘JZ’ at WSOF 8 to take on Justin Gaethje for lightweight title - December 5, 2013
- Ray Sefo confirms expansion to New Zealand and Australia - December 5, 2013
- Georgi Karakhanyan ready for the unpredictability of Lance Palmer at WSOF 7 - December 4, 2013
- Newly signed bantamweight Cody Bollinger will take on Tyson Nam in his WSOF debut - December 3, 2013
- Lance Palmer wants to finish Georgi Karakhanyan with a “bang” - December 3, 2013