Quinton “Rampage” Jackson will have a tough test in his final fight inside the UFC, as he has drawn Glover Teixeira.
UFC officials announced through Sportv in Brazil that the two would face off at UFC 153 in Brazil.
Rampage (32-10) has been making it clear that he wants to leave the UFC following his final fight on his contract and UFC President Dana White is not opposed to that.
The former light heavyweight champion has lost his last two fights and has gone 2-3 in his last five bouts. His most recent two losses came at the hands of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and followed that loss with a unanimous decision loss to Ryan Bader.
Teixeira (18-2) is a true veteran in the sport and has been fighting since 2002. He lost two fights out of his first four, but since then has gone undefeated in sixteen fights.
He finally hit the UFC radar and made his UFC debut at UFC 146, where he made quick work of Kyle Kingsbury. He now looks to add the stoppage of a former light heavyweight champion to his resume.
UFC 153 is set to take place at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro on October 13. The fight between Jackson and Teixeira is the first official bout announced by the promotion.
- Can Joseph Benavidez become Team Alpha Male’s first UFC champion? - December 11, 2013
- Sucka Radio on vacation this week - December 11, 2013
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013