It didn’t go without a bit of a scare, as Belfort locked on a super tight armbar early in the first round. However, Jones managed to escape and finish the round. He then ended up beating the challenger for the next three rounds, until he secured a shoulder lock to finish the fight in the fourth.
On to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson; the former champ had some harsh words for Mr.Jones. The below is thanks to Mike Chiappetta of mmafighting.com.
“Vitor took the fight on short notice, and this is how you respect him, by kicking his knee backwards and stuff like that? He’s supposed to be a man of God. You can injure somebody, you can sever their career. You can mess people up for life kicking their knee back like that and he does it repeatedly, over and over. To me that has no honor. I take a lot of honor in fighting. He has no honor.”
We all knew Rampage had a mouth on him, but he really dislikes Jones. He went on to say that if they were to fight again, that he would beat him.
The two tangled at UFC 135, when Jones defeated Rampage by rear-naked-choke early in the fourth round.
Rampage was expected to fight Glover Texeira at UFC 153, unfortunately he had to pull out due to injury.
- Brad Pickett makes flyweight debut against Ian McCall March 8 in England - December 10, 2013
- Tyler Stinson signs four-fight deal with World Series of Fighting - December 10, 2013
- John Makdessi takes on Alan Patrick at UFC 169 - December 10, 2013
- Frankie Edgar receives BJJ black belt from Ricardo Almeida - December 9, 2013
- Heavyweight title fight set for MFC 39 - December 9, 2013