Randy Couture, a legend in the sport of mixed martial arts and rising film star, has agreed to a multi-year creative partnership with Spike TV. The deal includes multiple non-scripted projects, two of which have been greenlit to air.
“We are thrilled to partner with such an emerging star in entertainment and an absolute icon in the sport of mixed martial arts,” said Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike TV.
The first of which is the SPIKE TV reality show project called Fight Master: Bellator MMA”. The other greenlit project is a show entitled “MMA Rescue”.
Mixed martial arts is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. Consequently, MMA gyms are opening up all over looking to tap into the surge in popularity. MMA legend Couture uses his years of expertise in the business of mixed martial arts to help turn struggling gyms into thriving enterprises. Couture currently owns a successful chain of gyms, Xtreme Couture MMA, and has the know-how and track record to help take a failing gym on the ropes and turn it into a champion. Spike will pilot the series with three one-hour episodes, with the opportunity to do more. Production details and airdates will be announced at a later time. The show is produced by Kinetic Content with Chris Coelen, Couture and Samuel Spira as Executive Producers.
(Photo by REUTERS/Phil McCarten)
- Sucka Radio w/ Jay Golshani, Darren Owen and Steve Fader - December 4, 2013
- Video: Pray for Shane – Coach Colin Oyama and Giva Santana ask for your prayers - December 3, 2013
- Tickets to UFC on FOX 10 on sale Friday Dec. 6 - December 3, 2013
- Video: Ronda Rousey on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ - December 3, 2013
- Video: UFC on FOX 9 Road to the Octagon full episode - December 3, 2013