The South Korea-based ROAD Fighting Championship held its 10th event this past Saturday, November 24th. Titled ‘In Busan & Young Guns 6′, the event took place at the BEXCO Auditorium situated in Busan, South Korea.
In an otherwise competitive fight card, there were a mixture of finishes with an even share submissions and knock-outs from the 6 bouts that took place.
A new promotional Middleweight Champion was crown in Eun Soo Lee in the night’s featured attraction. Lee ensured it was good night irene for his opponent, forcing the referee to intervene following a vicious right hand and a flurry of punches. The South-Korean is now 2-2 under the ROAD FC banner.
In the co-Main event, former UFC veteran Jeff Monson made his highly anticipated promotional debut and managed to extend his unbeaten streak of fights to 6. In what was a grueling contest between Monson and his opponent, Dong Gook Kang, it was the former who did just enough to get the judges’ nod, and seal the 48th win of his professional MMA career.
With that said, here are the rest of the results courtesy of the folks at TheFightNation:
- Eun Soo Lee def. Shungo Oyama via KO (Punch) in Round 1 (For ROAD FC Middleweight strap)
- Jeff Monson def. Dong Gook Kang via Decision
- Yui Chul Nam def. Vuyisile Colossa via Decision
- Takasuke Kume def. Chul Yoon via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 1
- Jin Soo Yuk def. Kaname Oowaki via TKO (Punches) in Round 2
- Jeong Gyo Park def. Kyung Hwan Ryu via Submission (Kimura) in Round 1
- ONE FC 13: Moment of Truth LIVE results, play-by-play - December 6, 2013
- ONE FC 13: Moment of Truth Weigh In Results – All fighters hit marks - December 5, 2013
- Nam Yui-Chul snubbed the UFC in view of continuing his ROAD FC career - December 4, 2013
- Rebel FC 1: Into the Lion’s Den adds Alberto Mina vs. Glenn Sparv, full fight card set for December 21 - December 3, 2013
- RUFF 11 Results: Bekbulat Magomedov halts Wang Guan’s unbeaten run - December 1, 2013