The women are coming to the UFC.
Ronda Rousey was the first woman to sign with the organization and the MMA community has been enthralled ever since.
With her rising stardom, the femme fetale has been on quite the media roller coaster. Since the UFC announced her signing however she has not done any interviews before Wednesday evening. She spoke with Jim Rome on his new Showtime sports program about her recent signing.
“There’s so much more that I want to do, that like once it happened I was like “yes this is amazing!” and then right after I’m like now I have to fight, now I have to do this, so I’m very, very excited, but I really didn’t spend that much time dwelling on it because there’s so many more things that I have to get done now that that’s happened. I need to prepare for my fight coming up. I can’t just sit around and do a little dance about getting signed, I’ve got to win my fight.”
No word on an opponent for Rousey’s UFC debut, but Liz Carmouche who is also making her way over from Strikeforce is the most talked about opponent.
In the world of sports, men and women often speak about abstaining from sex prior to a big event or game. Rousey, on the other hand doesn’t feel the same way. In fact, she feels like she should have as much sex as possible prior to a fight.
“For girls it raises your testosterone, so I try to have as much sex as possible before I fight actually. Not with like everybody, I don’t put out like a Craigslist ads or anything, but if I got a steady I’m going to be like “yo, fight time’s coming up”, You can’t (beep beep) somebody and go fight that day.”
She went on to say that there have been studies where fighters have abstained from sex for months and that has decreased their performance in the fight.
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013
- Justin Gaethje takes home Boost Mobile #Rattlethecage bonus for WSOF 6 performance - December 7, 2013