The UFC was on a roll so far in 2013, but the big bad voodoo injury bug has finally hit a high profile athlete, in Rory MacDonald. Unfortunately for the young Canadian phenom, he has had to back out of his fight with Carlos Condit at UFC 158 in Montreal, Quebec. Sources tell MMASucka.com that MacDonald suffered a neck injury while training, however, this has not been confirmed by Tristar Gym.
UFC 158 is taking place on Saturday March 16, 2013 from the Bell Center in Montreal Quebec. George St. Pierre is set to defend his welterweight title against Nick Diaz. MacDonald vs. Condit was the co-main event in what was supposed to be a welterweight tournament card that also included Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks.
UPDATE: Carlos Condit is now facing Johny Hendricks. Jake Ellenberger is waiting for a new opponent. Tyron Woodley is begging the UFC and anyone who is listening to allow him to step up on short notice to fill in the void.
Keep it locked on MMASucka.com for more information as it rolls in.
- Starnes happy to return to big MMA stage - December 5, 2013
- TUF Nations: Canada vs. Australia cast revealed - December 5, 2013
- BFL’s pro card a big pay off for years of hard work - September 7, 2013
- NSAC raises testing threshold of marijuana metabolites by 200%! - September 5, 2013
- Kampmann ready for another trip to hell! - August 27, 2013