Ross Pearson has been focused all week, for open workouts and weigh-ins he was stone-faced and determined to put forward his best performance and he did exactly that.
Pearson opened early with a right-hand that staggered the Australian and even chopped his legs out from underneath him at one point and it seemed like he was seconds away from finishing him but the Geelong-born fighter recovered and even took the back of the Brit.
The second frame was a lot closer, Sotiropoulos’ boxing looked crisp as he seemed to be picking Pearson apart on the feet before he was floored once again that put a stop to his offence but ballsy the Team Australia coach recovered and made it to the third frame but that’s as far as he would go.
Pearson landed a nasty body shot that crumbled Sotiropoulos and a power-shot to the head and that was all she wrote as Pearson gets a decisive victory.
Latest posts by Justin Faux (see all)
- Pride flashback: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mark Hunt - May 21, 2013
- My two cents: Is being the best not enough? - May 5, 2013
- UFC 159 post-fight bonuses: Healy, Miller and Nelson fatten wallets - April 27, 2013
- Legacy FC 19 quick results - April 12, 2013
- TUF 17 report: Episode 12 - April 9, 2013