Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman, who both competed at UFC 153 on Oct. 13, have failed their post fight drug test
MMAJunkie.com reported the news on Friday afternoon.
It is unknown at this time if the UFC will issue suspensions to the fighters.
Bonnar, who lost to Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 153, tested positive for the anabolic steroid Drostanolone. ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season 1 runner-up announced his retirement from the sport after the bout. The failed drug test marked Bonnar’s second positive test for steroids, the first of which followed Bonnar’s UFC 62 defeat to Forrest Griffin.
Herman was submitted by Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the co-main event of UFC 153 for his third loss in a row. ‘Pee-Wee’ tested positive for marijuana metabolites, the same drug UFC welterweight Nick Diaz is currently suspended for. Herman also failed a pre-fight drug screen issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation back in 2011, which makes UFC 153 his second failed drug test in less than two years.
- WSOF 7: Karakhanyan vs. Palmer Results - December 7, 2013
- Watch WSOF 7 on MMASucka.com at 3pm PT/6pm ET - December 7, 2013
- Claudia Gadelha forced to withdraw from Invicta FC 7 title bout due to illness - December 7, 2013
- Video: WSOF 7 Open Workout highlights - December 7, 2013
- BFL 26 weigh-in results - December 6, 2013