MUMBAI. (Sept. 24th, 2012) – Super Fight League (SFL) is proud to announce the launch of Friday Night Fight Nights starting October 12th 2012. Fights will be taking place every week live from a specially designed arena in Mumbai in front of an exclusive invitation only audience. Programming will last for three hours each week with weigh-ins, live fights and interviews from Bollywood cage side guests. Fans round the world can catch all the action live on the dedicated SFL channel at www.youtube.com/SFL and NeoSports Broadcast Pvt.Ltd sports channel in India. Under the terms of this agreement, SFL and NeoSports Broadcast Pvt.Ltd have tied up a long-term deal to promote the sport.
This announcement makes SFL India’s first and only sports league delivering year round live events and India’s first and only pro MMA Organisation to be live-streamed weekly across the globe; making it one of the largest MMA content providers in the world.
SFL is also pleased to announce its proud association with the Olympics Female Boxing Bronze medal winner Mary Kom as its Brand ambassador.
SFL has successfully executed three stadium events since its launch in January 2012 along with a reality show, SFL Challengers, which has educated the Indian audience and created a domestic appetite for the sport.
Raj Kundra, Founder Chairman, Super Fight League said: ‘I have worked very hard to get the format right for this sport which is currently in its infancy stage in India. I have delivered three successful world-class stadium events and an MMA reality show, which has taken everyone by storm and changed the face of reality TV in India. SFL partnering with NeoSports Broadcast Pvt. Ltd. India will give the league a national reach on a single distribution platform. This strategic tie up will give SFL the opportunity to give MMA fans in India and abroad the best fights starring some of the best names in the industry.’
Sanjay Dutt, Co Founder, Super Fight League said,’Get ready for some serious action as SFL will be live and kicking from October 12th 2012 all year round. No other sport in India promises their fans and sponsors such a format. I am very passionate about my league and as promised have developed some world-class Indian fighters who now have a platform to showcase their skills. I also welcome Mary Kom to the Super Fight League Family.’
Mary Kom, Brand Ambassador, Super Fight League said, ‘I am very proud to be ambassador of India’s only Pro Fight League. It’s a great synergy for me and I am happy to see Super Fight League doing great things for our Indian Male and Female fighters.’
Prasanna Krishnan, COO, NeoSports Broadcast Pvt.Ltd said, ‘We are thrilled to have the SFL as our MMA content partner and together we will be building greater awareness around the world for the sport. SFL has become a nationwide phenomenon in a short period of time giving testament to the commitment shown by its organisers. Neo is proud to partner with SFL given our commitment to encourage the development of new sports & sporting culture across India. The Friday Night Fight Night is an exciting proposition delivering the right mix of sport & entertainment to audiences. We are excited to be associated with this and are committed to promoting and presenting this event in a manner that befits the best in the International standards of sports broadcast.’
Notes about Friday Night Fight Nights
First event: Friday 12th October
- 3 hours of programming delivered each week
- To take place in specially designed studio in Mumbai
- 4 – 5 Indian MMA fights (various weight categories)
- 2 female bouts (Indian & International)
- One main event fight
- Total = 8 fights per night
- Invite only audience (100 – 200 VIP guests)
- Pre – fight entertainment
- Live & free to air globally on SFL dedicated YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/sfl
- Video: Bentley vs Hanscomb head to head for the vacant BFL Featherweight title - December 2, 2013
- World Series of Fighting launches digital program featuring exclusive content for WSOF 7 - December 2, 2013
- Miesha Tate to join Invicta FC 7 announce team as guest analyst - December 2, 2013
- Roots of Fight Honors Combat Sports Icon “Judo” Gene LeBell With Short Film and Event Specific Shirt - December 2, 2013
- Video: Chris Holdsworth vs. Davey Grant TUF 18 Finale highlights - November 30, 2013