Thiago Silva missed weight during the weigh ins, and it showed in the cage.
But it was Hamill who eventually looked more physically tired than his Brazilian counterpart. After a somewhat eventful first round, both fighters were fatigued heading into the second, although Silva had enough in the tank to compete the remainder of the bout. In fact, the fight could have easily been stopped late, not because of an injury or anything, but because Hamill could barely stand.
The judges had it 30-27, 30-27, and 29-27.
Silva put on a leg kick clinic in the last stanza which was probably enough to convince the judges that he deserved the victory in the end.
To check out the rest of UFC Fight Night 29′s results, click here.
- ONE FC 13: Moment of Truth Weigh In Results – All fighters hit marks - December 5, 2013
- Nam Yui-Chul snubbed the UFC in view of continuing his ROAD FC career - December 4, 2013
- Rebel FC 1: Into the Lion’s Den adds Alberto Mina vs. Glenn Sparv, full fight card set for December 21 - December 3, 2013
- RUFF 11 Results: Bekbulat Magomedov halts Wang Guan’s unbeaten run - December 1, 2013
- Rebel FC 1′s Rob Lisita: “I’ll show no mercy in there. Expect to see a lot of violence.” - December 1, 2013