Two flyweights will be hoping to make a big impact at UFC 164, with Elliott being scheduled to meet “Goodnight” in a 3 round affair.
The fight was confirmed on this evening’s edition of UFC tonight.
Tim Elliot (9-3) is one of the young guns of the UFC’s flyweight division hoping to make a name for himself. The Grindhouse MMA trainee is 1-1 in his UFC career to date, most recently getting his name in the win column with a decision victory over Jared Papazian at the Ultimate Fighter 16 finale. The well-rounded 125er is hoping to make it two in a row, and put himself on the fast track to contention in the developing division. Will he able to do it against the colorful Gaudinot?
Louis “Goodnight” Gaudinot (6-2) is also 1-1 in the UFC, losing to Johnny Bedford at bantamweight at the Ultimate Fighter 14 finale before dropping down to flyweight where he would record a victory over John Linneker by technical submission from a guillotine choke. Known for his colorful hair as much as he is his exciting fights, the Team Tiger Schulman member hopes to build his name on top of a defeated Elliot. Will he do it in Milwaukie?
UFC 164 is scheduled to take place on August 31st at the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukie, WI. The card is scheduled to be headlined by a lightweight title match between the champion Benson Henderson and Canada’s own TJ GrantLouis Gaudinot. For more information on this and other upcoming UFC events, stay tuned to MMASucka.com!Follow Justin on Twitter (@StormlandBrand), and keep up with the latest MMA news from MMASucka via Twitter (@MMASucka) and Facebook
- Stats for Suckas: Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez 2 - December 10, 2013
- One FC signs Ben Askren, Dae Hwan Kim, Aung La Nsang, Chris Lokteff, and Harris Sarmiento - December 10, 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale drug test results + attendance - December 9, 2013
- Demian Maia vs. Rory MacDonald announced for UFC 170 - December 7, 2013
- Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier rumoured for UFC 170 - December 6, 2013