Tim Kennedy and Roger Gracie both make their UFC debuts in a middleweight match-up.
Gracie got the takedown under a minute in the first round. The two made their way back to the feet and Kennedy locked it up against the cage. With two minutes left in the round, Gracie got another takedown and was able to lock up the back. The round finished with a scramble that had Kennedy end up on top for the final 10-seconds
Kennedy landed a beautiful takedown early in the second and began throwing down some brutal ground and pound. The two got back to the feet and Kennedy immediately paged the fight to the cage. With a bit of a cage-battle, Kennedy was able to land another takedown. Referee Kim Winslow stood the two up after a stalemate on the ground. Nothing significant to end the round.
A graphic for significant strikes came up midway through the round and Kennedy had outlanded Gracie 85-14. The rest of the round was all Kennedy pushing forward. At the end the strikes landed were 126-16 for Kennedy.
Tim Kennedy def. Roger Gracie via Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-27,29-28)
- WSOF 7: The Aftermath - December 8, 2013
- WSOF 7: Georgi Karakhanyan wins featherweight title with guillotine choke against Lance Palmer - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Jesse Taylor smothers Elvis Mutapcic en route to unanimous decision - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Nick Newell forces Sabah Fadai to tap out with early guillotine choke - December 7, 2013
- WSOF 7: Kalib Starnes knocks Dwayne Lewis out cold in Round 2 - December 7, 2013